View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 01:30 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy s View Post
Boann, what do you think has let you have PD for 16 years and not need any meds? That seems almost miraculous to me.

And Ron, you're 20 years and planning to stop L-Dopa. Amazing. Do you mean stop all forms of dopamine?
===================================

Hi Wendy,
Yes I am down to 0.75 to 100 mg levodopa now, I am not going to stop completely for maybe months, since it has been hard work to gert to this stage. I don't want to ruin the good work getting down this far and have to repeat it. Today for example, I have had no meds at all, it is 7-00am. i got up at 6-00am, washed and dressed, let the dog out and gave her its breakfast. I cleared the kitchen and washed up some dishes. I was walking almost normally. i then went online until about 8-00am when I will take my first meds. including half a 50mg Stavelo.
What has helped me get so far? well I believe long term use of curcumin has helped enormously. Another thing i have learned is don't let yourself get constipated. i have taken high doses of fibre and a laxative called Laxido. An X ray of my abdomen (for non pD purposes) had shown a build up in my bowel. After 4 months of Fibre /laxative, it was still not toptally cleared, shown by another X-ray. So keep your system clear. A build up must generate toxins which get into the blood stream. I wunder how many PDers have this build up problem? See

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...seen-in-colon/

It is not easy yet, I tend to be great early in the day, but become more off as the day wears on. still a way to go!!
Ron

Last edited by Ronhutton; 05-18-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Ronhutton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ladybird (05-26-2012), moondaughter (05-18-2012), VICTORIALOU (05-25-2012), wendy s (05-18-2012)