View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 07:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctant@thetable View Post
Sorry to hear that you are going through this at your age but know that you are not alone. My friend's, friend's daughter has this and is about your age. What has helped is treatment at a Children's Hospital that is knowledgeable in CRPS. She has done aqua therapy for 1.5 yrs. and now is able to return to her dancing.

With that said there are resources for someone your age-

The Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome' website has a page that lists 6 resources for youth and their parents (scroll down on this page) http://www.rsds.org/2/related_sites/index.html

Of note, see that there is a RSD/CRPS Awareness in Teens Facebook page. I would think you could link to other teens going through what you are.
I agree with this 100%. RSD in children/teens has the best chances at remission so getting into a hospital program that specializes in treating it is likely your best shot. Your doctors may have good intentions but if they are stumped then you need to move on. Reseach some of the programs out there and hopefully you will be able to find one that your current doctors can refer you to.

Hopefully some others with more experience pop in here to answer your question because I don't have personal experience with it and can't make any specific recommendations. But I want to say that I am sorry to hear what you are going through. It was bad enough getting this at 25...I can't imagine having it at 14. Take care and always feel free to ask any questions here or even just to vent. We all understand and know what you are going through.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SaraMichellee.(: (05-20-2012)