View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Sah-PCA

Sah-PCA

Default No Diagnosis yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi Sah-PCA,

Years ago I took Lyrica and it didn't work for me. You mentioned that you were having seizures in the morning and later at night this could be what they call "Myoclonic Seizures" and they happen when a person wakes up in the morning and when they go to sleep at night. I had this type of seizure for a short time and I found taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day a big help to reduce them. I then was put on vimpat and I haven't had a single myoclonic seizure since then, but I still do have absence (petit mal) and simple partial (aura) seizures. I also take diamox and mysoline.
If you need help getting you seizures meds (AED's) you can call your local Epilepsy Foundation or call the Epilepsy Foundation of America at 1-800-332-1000 and they have programs that will help people pay for AED's as well as other medical costs.
You might want to consider seeing a Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) instead of a neuro. I've gotten much more help and I take a lot less meds since I began seeing an Epileptologist. You can find and Epileptologist at a University hospital or a big hospital. Check with your family Dr. and he/she can refer you to an Epileptologist to get the necessary help you need and hopefully stop your seizures. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Im Not sure if you read the little info about me. I had a subrachnoid hemorrage a year ago. I ended up having a crainotomy to stop the bleed. Well, now experience some wierd stuff, mental, physical, psych, you name it its happening to me. Its been about a year now since I've been complaining to primary dr and every other dr she sends me to about the strang things happening to me. I had an EEG last fall and it showed no evidence of any abnormalties. Long short of it, I was put on lyrica a year go, off of it 3 months later, back on it in the fall, off of it in the winter and back on it in the spring of this year and now, again off of it. It seemed to be helping, it took the edge off in the mornings (allowing me to drive) and put me to sleep in the evenings and now this. I was thinking, since no diagnosis, perhaps I should just let sleeping dogs lie and just move on.
I will try the b12 and will post the outcome of both. Thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated.

God Bless you!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote