View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

How do I do this long term?

In my mind I have no choice.

I refuse to roll over and play dead for MS. I have known (diagnosed) of MS for 27 years but have lived with it longer. I get so damn tired of dealing with the ups and downs of MS. The older I get the more tired of this disease I get.

Everyone has different coping skills. How I deal with this disease is how I have always dealt with difficult things in my life...I just keep going.

Quote:
So, how do you handle the change of life that has been handed to you
When I read this and saw your age I thought of the "change of life" all women experience as we get older. As I am finding out it can be difficult to deal with the possible ramifications of MS and the transitional period of my life.

The two seem to colide at times. I don't know if I'm crying because I'm tired of this disease or because I am getting so close to the normal transition of life. Of course, There is always that proverbial midlife crisis.

Quote:
So, the MD said I could see someone if I want. ok, great idea. Im going to go sit on someones couch and pay them $100 an hour to whine
Actually Dejibo, therapy can be quite helpful. You can learn alot about yourself and how the way you cope isn't working, as well as learning new ways to cope that will help. Don't discount this approach, it could be beneficial.
Dejibo (05-18-2012), Jules A (05-18-2012), kicker (05-18-2012), Kitty (05-18-2012), SallyC (05-18-2012)