Thread: Smoking and MS
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 09:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
before I knew I had MS my blood work went screwy with inflammation. The MD told me in no cut terms. you MUST quit or some bad things are about to happen to you. She said my CRP was off the chart, my inflammatory markers were going wild, so she predicted some event headed at me and the best thing I could do was quit. So...I quit. my blood work improved, my other indicators dropped, and while it wasnt easy, it was the best thing I ever did for myself. Now with them at 7 and 8 dollars a pack im glad I did.
Hi Dejibo,

Thanks for your reply. I know Im going to have to give up. I can remember when I got my first MS symptom which was a tingling tongue I went and seen the Dr. Went my blood results came back she said all my symptoms along with the tingling tongue were from smoking.

I was annoyed to say the least, because I didn't think that was possible. I feel it could make me unhealthy but not cause all the symptoms I was having.

I am definately going to start the thought process of giving up and I will slowly cut down until I need them no longer.

Thanks for all your help.
Undecided80 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (05-18-2012)