Thread: Smoking and MS
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 09:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
Well, I smoked for 50 years and enjoyed almost every minute of it. When I got older(late 60s, I began to hate the tobacco smoke in my house and in my lungs, so I quit.

Because I always enjoyed the act of smoking (very relaxing), I purchased some E-cigs about 5/6 years ago and never looked back. I still have the joy of puffing vapor (looks like smoke until it dissipates)

I found, through experience and investigation, that Nicotine was good for MS as it is sort of Neuro protective. Sooooo, I have a little, not a lot of nicotine in my Vaper Juice.

I was never convinced that my light smoking (pack per day) was causing me much, if any, ill health and it didn't have any long term effects. My lungs are clear, my heart is strong and my BP is normal.

I realize that many smokers, especially heavy smokers, can and do suffer Illnesses, some leading to death. I was lucky as are others who smoke until they die of natural causes.

I admit my lungs and whole body felt and feel better/healthier, without the Tobacco smoke, though and my house is so much cleaner.

I am now taking a long puff of my Joye Ciggy and blowing the harmless vapor atcha.... BTW, the hospital let me have my vapor puffs, while there in November..
Hi Sally!

Thank you for your reply! Your a beautiful breath of fresh air!

I too enjoy my smoking. I actually roll my own and just use pipe tobacco - so supposedly they are a lot less harmful because they dont have the same amount of nicotine in them. Do you know if this is true?

I do feel worse if say I smoke Marlboros compared to just the rollies. It might just be a silly little part in my brain thinking that, though Im pretty certain its what Im experiencing.

I have heard about the E Cigs but as it goes, supposedly they are just as bad for you? What do you know about them?

Reading the WWW can sometimes be more harm then good with the wide range of opinions so like I said in my previous post, I like hearing from real experiences then truly believing what I read.

I would love to hear what you have to say about them.

Thanks!
Undecided80 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (05-18-2012), SallyC (05-18-2012)