View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
I have already figured out my life is now and forever changed. i wont be able to do the things I want or loved to do. its a new life and I am the one who needs to adjust and find new things to love in it. So...there, saved myself thousands of dollars.
I love this reframing and would agree you could do it alone if I thought you were actually buying into it and going to start experimenting with ways to find new passion in your life. My thought is you would be a great candidate for some therapy based on your already rational view of this miserable disease and the ultimate changes that are necessary to adapt without being totally miserable. Its also a plus to have someone supportive to brainstorm with. It sounds like you are motivated to change and just need some assistance in actually moving it along.

Sadly much of my previous life was based on the benefits of youth so MS at 40 was kind of like the icing on the crap cake for me but life really is about making the necessary adjustments as we age. We just have to do it earlier than most people, sigh.

Although those more optimistic might disagree what I would ask you to consider is that things will likely get worse for us as we age and our MS progresses. This makes is crucial to do whatever it is you can today even if it is only for 30 minutes before you need a nap. I have a long time friend who I often joke with when we look back at photos and say "dang and we thought we were and ugly and needed to lose weight back then" when in truth now we would love to shave off those last 5or 10 years and look that "bad" now!

Hang in there girlie. Life and especially life with MS isn't for sissies.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-18-2012), Dejibo (05-18-2012), Kitty (05-18-2012), SallyC (05-18-2012)