View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 11:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The pressure that you feel is quite common. I've felt it myself and it's gotten better over time. I think the pressure I have felt has something to do with the fogginess that I feel inside my head - that trying to make myself think adds difficulty or a weird pressure to my thinking. It's not actually a physical feeling, but in my attempts to describe it, that's how I end up doing so. I actually feel tension headaches on one side of my head only and I know what they feel like for me and a feeling of "pressure" isn't it. But everyone is different. And every head injury is different.

When you feel it, you might want to try to relax and see if that helps. Or try to stop over-stimulating your brain. Hopefully, you'll eventually figure out what helps you to stop experiencing this feeling, or figure out what helps relieve it.

Having a problem with intracranial pressure (either low or high) is sometimes considered an emergency and can have horrible effects. It can even cause further damage to the brain beyond the initial trauma. It's rarely associated with concussion (about 3%). I actually had an increase in intracranial pressure for almost 6 months before it was finally discovered by my second neurologist, and I can tell you that the pain I felt was literally unbearable. Once the pressure was suspected, I was given a spinal tap and that is how it was finally relieved. I actually got much worse in those first six months because of it. However, if someone had "low" pressure then a spinal tap would be very bad for them.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mollymum (05-24-2012)