View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused post concussion syndrome degenerative intellect

Hi all,

I'm am 23 years old and suffered a blow to the head when I fell in my driveway in March this year. My concussion syndrome didn't start until about a week later. I was also diagnosed with epilepsy which premeditated the fall. I've been getting better and then relapsing several times until the last two weeks when I developed degenerative intellect. My parents have been noticing that I am slower when doing simple things and I myself feel like I am getting somewhat senial. It wasn't until I started on Oxcarbazepine in late March that I started to really get annoying symptoms. I've had terrible anxiety that kept building up to the point where the last three times (out of five) that i've been to the hospital, it was for panic attacks. Now, I feel numb in the head and don't feel like a have a brain anymore. I'm on Ativan which helps a lot so far with the horrible anxiety, but I still feel frightened about all of this. I'm trying to go off of Oxcarbazepine and onto Vimpat, but I feel like something is eating my brain. Does anyone have an idea of what I should do?
amys23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote