View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 02:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi I'm new need help and support 2

During the entire hospitalization in this hospital, I was at last able only to go by the wheelchair to bed, by WC to wheelchair and do very few steps kept by two persons even if the doctors since the beginning made me doing everyday some physiotherapy.

Actualy I'm at home and i came back home since a week; I've been discharged on my request since i recovered all my body functions and I 'm able to walk again.

This is not a miracle; you can think this because i recover every function from may 3th to may 9th when I've been discharged.

The fact is another: the doctors until that date prescribed me only meds that made me worse; they gave pregabalin which turn off the Ach signal an so my weakness got worse and i falled often. They gave an atidepressant that caused me a so great nausea i couldn't eat. So I said to myself "stop, if i follow the treatment given me by doctors i won't ever have a full recovery" and i decide to follow my instinct and to take by myself the meds used in myasthemia: prednisone, mestinon and azathioprine. In 3 days i was able to stay on my foot without tremor anymore, I gained muscle strenght and I could afford better the physical exercise.
the discharging letter tells about catatonic episodes with psycosomatic disorder and Munchausen syndrome: no one of this belonga to me and I'm very angry with doctors.

I desire to tell you what happened in another hospital really ER i was admitted more than once because of the health problems about 3 years ago.

I suffered twice of those attacks like paralysis in the past 2 years before the 4 episodes happened to me recently.

In both cases i was admitted to ER and without exams except for a quick blood exams, the docotrs sent me to psychiatrist and they diagnosed me hysteric crisis.

Another episode occurred me after some weeks since the two described above; in that case I felt great breathing difficulties and when I was admitted to ER the doctors said it was a panic attack or an anxiety attack.

In all the three episodes doctors were wrong and made me feel very bad with their diagnoses.

Now i want to tell you all the symptoms occured in the time to me so to get an opinion by you:

-diplopia

-change of voice to nasal or low when i'm tired (after the attack of the extreme weakness i had always a very low voice)

- problem with swallowing liquids and feeling sometimes of a knot in the throat so great not to permit me to swallow saliva;

-weakness of the legs, arms and hands (this latter so great i have difficultes to open bottle or open water knobs at home. The weakness of legs after efforts for example taking shopping bags with me made me to feel like to fall on the ground. Moreover I cant lift up my legs or my arms more than few seconds and they always shake.

- problem to keep open eyes even after two hours after awakening because of great burning and heavy eyes; they close even if i don't want this because of tiredness

- sleeping problems i awake several times each night.

- problem with urinary incontinence (weakness of pelvic muscles)

These are only some of the problems I have to face everyday; I state also I suffer of Hashimoto's thyroiditis, a clear syndrome linked to myasthemia like all thyroid problems.

Mestinon, since i use it, reduced all the symptoms above.

That's all I hope someone can help me and give me support
hospital_pharmacist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote