View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I don't envy you trying to get care in Europe. You aren't in the UK by any chance, are you?

As for the handwriting, I can see neurologists rolling their eyes if you brought that up to them! When muscles get weak, they do "cramp." I do know that my handwriting, which I hardly do anymore, is horrid. It does "fatigue" like you showed in those pics.

Have you been diagnosed with MG?

Do you have ptosis, which is eyelid drooping but you can also have your eyebrows, nose and the rest of your face droop too.

If you can get referred to a neuro-ophthalmologist, they can asses your eyelid muscles for ptosis and whether or not it's fatigable.

You can have an EMG or a Single Fiber EMG done. The Acetylcholine Receptor Antibody Test and the MuSK Antibody test should be done.

If you get to the point of not being able to swallow, you can't move well or you can't breathe well, that's the time to go to the emergency room. Don't drive there yourself!

I hope you can get some answers soon. Take it easy until then because if you do have MG, it can get so much worse if you do too much.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote