View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Abby, for answering my inquiry. Yes, I remember seeing Musk on the bloodwork order, but not sure about LEMs. I will check out the POTS info. Thank you for that suggestion. There are many times when I am standing in line that if it weren't for the embarassment and attention, I would prefer to lay down.
No, I did not take any thyroid suppressants before my thyroidectomy. I did take synthroid before to try to halt the growth of the nodules. I continued on the synthroid for over a year and fell into even further state of hypothyroidism. Felt like the walking dead. I finally was able to convince my family doctor to let me try Armour thyroid, which is made from ground pig thyroid glands and within two days I was a new person. However, I have been back and forth from hypo to hyper over the past couple of years due to not being able to keep a steady dose in me.
I have my levels checked more often than the doctors feel I should, but I can tell when my dose is not working properly.
I could have sworn I was hyperthyroid when all these palpitations began, but the levels came back normal, so they continue to bother me.
The cardiologist I saw last hooked me up to an event monitor and diagnosed me with paroxsysmal supraventricular tachycardia. He wants to refer me to an electro cardiologist to see about getting an ablation to stop the irregular beat, but I would like to stay on track with trying to get this weakness issue diagnosed completely before going down that path.
limpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote