View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 08:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fentynal patch

Hi there,

I've been using this patch for years and occasionally have the same problem so my pharmacist gave me a small roll of Hypafix and it does the trick without any problems. Good luck with the excercise I'd love to be able fo it.

I've also just read some other posts on this drug and it can be a dangerous one so don't mess with it. It can take 24hrs to get into your system, try to change it at the same time every 72hrs and I would always feel very tired when I first used it. Coming down although for me was a God send, that's tough too but do it under Dr's supervision. Like I said this drug is not to be messed with and don't even think of using it like they do on the street. You may suffer from chronic pain but you don't have to be a text book junkie too.

Sorry for the lecture but it needed to be said

Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Medic View Post
Hey all,

I have been on the Fentanyl patch for about 2 years now. Started out at 75mcg./hr. and switched to 50 about a year ago. I have adjusted my life to this patch. Adjusted, meaning found a way to put up with it. My main problem with the patch is that you can't really "enjoy" a shower with it on. In fact any activity where you break a sweat or get an elevated body temp, the patch's med release is affected. Basically, I can't work out with the patch. I am about 50 lbs overweight and want to get rid of the fat. Exercise is warranted. However, the patch just won't work well with a "workout." Granted, with my back injuries my workout won't be anything like it used to be, but I need to start getting serious.

A historical note.....I was placed on the patch because our insurance changed and the new company did not supply my then drug, Oxycontin. So, the Fentanyl patch was my only suitable choice given to me. So.....my main purpose in this thread is to see if folks have gotten off the patch and found a replacement that isn't trans-dermal based. Ya know, I just had a thought. We have moved out to the east coast and again changed insurance company. I hate to say it....(mainly because of it's reputation) but is oxy do-able with a more active lifestyle? I also take Norco, Tramadol, and Flexeril. But have found I have needed a more "potent" main drug to take up the main pain, and the others to assist as needed. And as all of us...I would eventually like to drop some of these. But, for now....not so much. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Paul
Sophie_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-27-2015)