View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 03:31 AM
anon21816

anon21816

Sinead I'm shocked at the amount of meds you are on. If you feel that they are not working I think you should try to reduce them. The Lyrica and Neurontin definitely should not be taken together. But Lyrica on its own had me totally confusd and mentally in a bad way. You do seem to be overloaded. Maybe you should speak with your pain consultant and see if there is any way he can perhaps put you on something different and reduce some of those meds. They can't be good for you long term. Just a thought. Sometimes they are more harm than good as I found out along the way.

I'm also wondering where is the initial SCS that you had removed? Why won't your insurance company pay for the new one if the other one isn't right? I know when I went about the SCS initially my Dr said there was no way the public hospital could afford to pa for one for me that I had to go Private which was what I was doing anyway. Seems wrong you pay your insurance for them not to facilitate you. Just wondering what's the hiccup

Take care

Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie_ View Post
Its great to have Karen posting again, we missed you and you are in someways like a sister and that's why we all care about and your hubby/partner (are you married, not that it makes any difference).

I do survive on a ton of meds, about 156 a week my hubby counted and they really don't work, they take the edge off, the side effects as we discussed in the other thread are horrible and if I wasn't on these meds I could probably drive and thus go back to work but then the pain would have me screaming with pain or at least I think they would and were all the same... Aren't we?
Here's a list of my meds and note that I hate every single one of them. As for the moderators I hope they don't remove them, not everyone should or needs to take them and we know that, we're not that stupid;

Cymbalta 120mg * *1 in morning, 1 at night,*
Matrifen 75mg * * * * Every 3 days or 72hrs, this is a narcotic patch
Oxynorm 20mg. * * *Every 4-6hrs*as required
Oxycontin 40mg: * *1 in morning, 1 at night,*
Zimovane 7.5mg * *1 in the evening @ 19:00hrs sleeping tablet,
Lyrica 300mg * * * * *1 in morning, 1 at night,*
Rivotril/Clonazepam * * 5mg *at night, * *anti twitching drug
Vimovo * * * * * * * * * 1 to be taken twice daily - useless drug for me, dunno why I take it?!
Xyzal 5mg * *1 per day antihistamine

I've tried Neurontin - hated it,
Tapentadol, the same thing
Butrans burned my skin
Zydol and Tylex for a longtime but my body just got used to them and I've discovered that the proper branded drugs work better that heir cheaper versions I got in some hospitals because they were rubbish an refused point blank. They wanted to give me a cheaper patch, seriously wtf I'd in withdrawal in no time!

That's all from me, any questions queries you know where to find me,I'm also on Skype I ya fancy a chat!

Night night

Sinéad xxx
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-19-2012), fionab (05-20-2012), ger715 (05-20-2012), ginnie (05-19-2012), Rrae (05-19-2012), Sophie_ (05-19-2012)