View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 10:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
1) Gastroparesis is diagnosed with an GI empty study. Basically you eat some scrambled eggs that have a little contrast mixed in and you lay down for 2 hours while the nuclear xray takes images (like every 90 seconds), tracking the food and determining the empty time.

2) gastroparesis IS an autonomic dysfunction

3) most with gastroparesis have more then just bloating. early satiety (fullness) is most common, along with nausea/discomfort after eating.

Hope this is helpful. You should see a GI doctor if your bloating does not resolve...it could many different things.
Thank you en bloc!

On Question No. 2, I know gastroparesis is an Autonomic Neuropathy (why did I ask that question, duh!. What I meant to ask was, if one has gastroparesis, does it follow that one will have the other symptoms of autonomic neuropathy e.g. orthostatic hypotension, urinary problem, lung problem,etc.?

Another thing, if I have a SFN, is it common or is it likey that I will also have autonomic neuropathy?

I remember, though, several years ago, I had an annual physical exam and I had this test which I was made to drink what seems to be "milkish" in form and I lied down while the technician monitor the flow of that white milkish drink. I could vaguely remember that it took a while before the white milkish settled down. But, at that time, I was perfectly fine. The reason I had that test was because it was part of an annual physical exam package.

I dont feel nauseated nor have the urge to vomit after eating. But, I definitely feel full after eating even with small amount of food.

Also, the reason why I asked about other symptoms is because my shortness of breath (which accompanies the tightness in my front neck) has been persistent. It is not a shortness of breath that is like gasping for air. In fact, I do stationary bicycle 5x a day and do a short walk. I dont think that my s hortness of breath is due to asthma. I dont have wheezing and cough or any related asthma symptoms.

I am fearful that the shortness of breath may be another symptoms of another damaged nerve. I really really hope not..... I am seeing a pulmonologist in July.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote