View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

HEYJOE!!!

That's an excellent idea. I am writing myself a note to that effect. The next time we see ANY OF OUR DOCTORS (they all know about Alan's PN), I'll ask the question.

I know that many of the people have suffered Respiratory problems. but god only knows what other problems they got from that exposure.

My girlfriend's son (only 25) was on the roof, it was his first week on the job. I'll never forget that night as long as I live.

So I shall ask about being around the World Trade Center. You know, no one ever mentions PN in relation to being exposed to stuff at the World Trade Center. Wouldn't it be amazing if, when I ask the physiatrist "How many people that you have diagnosed with Idiopathic PN, well how many were at the World Trade Center on 911???". She would have to go and contact them all and ask questions to see if there is indeed a pattern.

Want to know what I think. There is always a CAUSE for anything. We just haven't found it yet. I don't care if it's inherited, genetic, Exposure, WHATEVER!!! Something is causing people to get tihs polyneuropathy.

And when I told her that the first question Alan was asked 18 years ago when he first had the symptoms of neuropathy and we went to the doctor and the doctor blurted out "Have you ever had sex with a vietnamese woman"? Well, you should have seen the expression on her face yesterday. She said "why on earth did he ask Alan that". When I said "Vietnamese prostitutes....think about it......! and she said "Oh I get it, syphilis, yeah, long term syphilis results in neuropathy......

Alan told her 'I was tested, so don't worry". Negative.

Amazing.

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote