View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 04:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Holly,

Many thanks for your post. It is encouraging to hear positive surgery outcomes. I am especially thankful as I was just prescribed Neurontin for nerve pain post surgery on my right side, and the discomfort from my nerves has been a great challenge recently. I sincerely hope that my surgery outcomes are as positive as yours have been.

I am 11.5 weeks post surgery for my left side and 1.5 weeks post surgery for my right. I am 26 years old, and the cause of my TOS is speculated but not for certain. My left side recovery was much different to my right thus far. My left side experienced great pain that was deep in my chest and shoulder, and I had very limited mobility for awhile. However, my right side, I have little pain, it is much greater discomfort that is constant and nagging due to the nerves and my mobility is much greater. I know there are many more weeks to travel down this road to recovery.

I spoke to my surgeon this afternoon on the phone...he said the only thing that is predictable about these sorts of surgeries is that they are unpredictable. Apparently only 5% of his patients experience allodynia (hypersensitivity to stimuli that are not usually painful). I feel drained from this experience, as I had complications while in the hospital that required a second surgery. I thought that would be my complications out of the way, but I guess not.

Anyhow, thank you for your note. It really helps to know there is a light at the end of this tunnel, and I hope you continue to have a pain-free lifestyle!
ladylaura418 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blurto (05-20-2012), Jomar (05-20-2012)