View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I guess it depends on what you call "mega".
Good point. Looking out on the web, some of the studies that have been done, and dosages being taken, are 10 - 20 times or more what I'm taking.

I've been experimenting with lowering the amount. The well-known 1997 study by Dr. Leung used 5-10 grams/day to treat acne. This has been modified downward by Dr. Jeffrey Dach by combing with L-Carnitine, but the amounts are still 750 mg B5 (pantethine) + 250 mg L-Carnitine, 3 times/day. I can control my acne pretty well with what I'm taking (which is even far less than Dach's lower dosage); any less and I break out. Others on the web are reporting results with dosages equal to mine.

My plan is that once my adrenals are back in range, I'll be reducing dosages (and/or frequencies) of everything.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 05-19-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote