View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 05:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Arrow I have just been diagnosed with PN

Hi I have just joined this forum and like you say I am confused and very anxious about my diagnosis. Thank God for your site, I have no idea what to do with myself as the doctor told me then said goodbye. Can you please help me as I cannot live with this much longer.

I had a mastectomy in August last year with a lot of complications, I had a good day my wound was weeping as I had an infection and went shopping, I carried 3 heavy bags put then down when I got home and then my whole body went to sleep, I mean literally I could feel nothing. I spent months in bed with tingling, numbness, pain all over. I could not feel my tummy and still can't, my legs, arms, back neck are still numb and my face goes numb. I had tests done and they could find nothing wrong until 8 months later I had a nerve conductive test and then I was told I had PN. It doesn't make sense to me as I have the tingling in my legs and arms but my spine feels like its being crushed especially at night. The wound knit back too tightly and I'm the nerves were compromised hence all of this. The tightness goes along the wound and into my back with a lot of pain. My head sweats a lot and I have to wash my hair daily (if I can get motivated) if I don't I get a fungal infection on my forehead and front of my head.

Can anyone help me with what to do now, what to take to help and anything else, I just feel very down I just don't want to be like this, I can't cope with it. Thank you Angel
angel04 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote