View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylR View Post
So glad to hear things are getting a bit better! And it's interesting to hear about rest.

I'm not good at that--resting. The post-concussive thing forced me to for a while, and I often still end up lying down on the couch, but i also force myself to work. I have to; I'm self-employed. But I've always worked really hard, and I don't like just lying there, and I struggle with depression. But...after reading your post, I'm going to try to listen to my body more and rest more when I need to.

I just came out of a week of hard work, and I am some dizzy and headachey and loss of balance and all that. A tiny bit fuzzy brained. I am taking the B-12 sublingual Esther's Doll mentioned which is helping...and I *know* I need to rest. But I have so much I need to do--but reading your post reminds me how important it is. I'm going to try to rest a bit more, today fully off, at least. Thank you.
I'm the same way in that I HATE resting. I want to move all the time. But moving makes me so much worse! So I literally am forced to rest. We (people recovering from brain injuries) are supposed to gradually increase our "activity" levels. (I put activity in quotes because it doesn't feel like actually being active AT ALL.) I am able to do a lot more than I could a year ago, but just trying to do much beyond half a day's work really knocks me down HARD. My cognitive functioning and speech start a significantly degrade and that makes me depressed.

My Dr.'s always getting on me about "pacing myself". It's just a necessary evil. I'm hoping it's temporary, but the accident I was in was almost two years ago, so it's hard to stay super hopeful all the time about it.

But there is a website/blog called Fight PCS or something like that and the author of it says she didn't start to feel normal again until year 4-5 after her injury. So I've been trying to keep that in mind.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (05-20-2012)