View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 08:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
July 2012 will be the second anniversary of my diagnosis. My PN has not gotten better yet, but I am hopeful. So far, the only relief that I get is in winter. When the temperatures are cooler, my symptoms are less pronounced. However, my symptoms in summer seem to be getting a little worse each year. Maybe it is because summers are getting hotter each year. I do not know. Also, I find it more and more difficult to walk for very long because of the pain and dysfunction (feels like I am flatfooted) that walking brings on.

But how can I complain when there are some among us who are completely debilitated by their illness, and I am not there yet.
Hi Nervous,

Hope springs eternal. I, too, am hopeful that things will get better.

Last winter was my first winter with PN and it was extremely difficult for me to wear heavy clothes. Or, even just light sweaters, or just anything that touches my skin for that matter. I prefer the season now for the simple reason that I can wear less clothes, e.g. shorts and sleeveless. I have very hypersensitive skin and painful feet. I also could not walk and stand for a long period.

What are you symptoms? What supplements do you take?
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (05-20-2012), Nervous (05-20-2012)