Thread: Inflammation
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 08:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agirlandhertort1 View Post
I know you addressed this to Mrs. D, but I can tell you that my first (and only other) Rh test was negative. I might be able to find the link later, but it said that with autoimmune disorders, many times they will test negative until the disease progresses past a certain point. Also, many people only test during an active flare.

Of course, close to a quarter of all people with ra don't ever test positive. I know some doctors will treat the symptoms, and consider you as having it.
Thank you for your kind reply.

This is quite becoming more confusing to me! I do not understand why certain blood tests could result to negative and yet positive with the illness, example:

1) Sjorgren's Syndrome - some blood tests could be negative but confirmatory test is through lip biopsy
2) Gluten Intolerance/Celiac - some blood tests can be negative but confirmatory test is through biopsy

One fourth is a significant population with RA symptoms with no positive result. Is there no confirmatory test for this case just like the above cited example?
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
en bloc (05-21-2012)