View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Really sick, looking for info

I have been having issues for a long time, but things have got much worse over the past 6 months or so. A couple weeks ago I seem to have triggered something after a intense workout. I have been in and out of the ER since.

I have had episodes of near-syncope for years, but the last couple weeks I have been fully blacking out and falling. I get dizzy going up and down stares. I feel nauseous when I eat a meal, and I have had constant headaches. When I am trying to sleep I stop breathing and gasp for air and cough.
For some time I have had trouble urinating, but it has got really bad the last couple weeks.
For years I have had nerve pain in my arms and hands, and my feet are constantly numb. I have had pain while swallowing certain foods, that has got worse.
I was born with issues with doubled vision that I am now having trouble suppressing, making things really hard to see properly at times.

Out of the tests that the ER did, the ekg showed that I have a prolonged qt interval, a echo showed mitral valve regurgitation. A chest xray, cat scan of brain and abdomen, and urine and blood tests were all normal.

My question is, is neuropathy something I should be looking at, does any of this look remotely like any type of neuropathy, and what type of things should I be googling, info I should be looking for?
roadracer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote