View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi diaba,

There are two biocompatible tests that I know of for dental materials. One is the Clifford Materials Reactivity Test by Clifford Consulting and Research and the other is the Peak Performance Test. There is some validity to them, but the values may be time sensitive meaning, the results may change from one test time to another as anyone can become sensitive to a material at any time.

If you were going to get another crown done, it would probably be best to have the crown done immediately after the compatibility test results.

Are you still having the same symptoms that you were having when it was first put in?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaba View Post
Hi Bryanna, the symptoms started within 1/2 hour of the permanent being placed. No injection were necessary to place it. The migraine was 2 days later. I think it was from the stress of not being able to rest or sleep much.

I guess I'll call my dentist tomorow and explain what's going on. It's a perfect fit, and the pain that was there for so long is gone, I sure wish I could keep it. But it seems unlikely.

I know there is a dental materials compatability blood test. Are you familiar with it and do you think it's accurate? If I have to get another crown I'd like to increase my odds of tolerating it, as the muscle testing method doesn't seem to work on me.

thanks
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote