View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

dear secretagentman,

Your story is a mirror image of mine. I have been diagnosed with C Diff inflammation of the colon 2yrs ago, and was given 5 courses of different ABs, with telast o being Vncomycin for therapy resistant CDiff.
I wnt to have fecal transplants in Sydney at 5 occasions to change the flora of the large intestines, initiallyit worked but the symptoms came back:
- altered stools, intermittent soft and diarrhoea
- fatigue, lack of energy
- blurred vision
- lack of concentration, apparent during reading
The stool tests were all negative for Cdiff ir any other pathogen, so were all the biochemical tests, CT scans and MRI of abdomen and pelvis, nor any signs on X-thorax.

The symptoms now are continuous twitching, fasciculations of lower legs and upper quadriceps. It also aggravates upon lying down.
I found a clear connection with food intake, gluten, wheat, sugars and recently added to the list nuts. Although I had a history of lactose intolerance, I have never been allergic or reactive to the other ingredients.

In two days I undergo neurological tests and EMG to see whether it could be related to MS and ALS, however my gut feeling tells me that the underlying problem is the composition fo the intestina flora.
I am medically qualified, so understanding of the core ssymptoms make it easier but also more difficult as one tends to project all severe diseases to oneselves which increases some anxiety.

From your story, it becomes clear that a Candida infect may be very likely, giving rise to the intermittent nature of the symptoms. Weeks good, weeks bad. Odd enough is that the stools have been clear of pathogens on a nmber of occasions. However, the systmeic involvement due to Candida makes perfect sense.

Your story gave me great insight in the direction to look for. If the neurlogical examination proves negative, I shall look for remedies (Nystatin) and herbals to rebalance the flora by eliminating Candida.

Thanks you so much! ph7ph
Ph7ph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lead (04-14-2015)