View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 04:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma123 View Post
Angel - how much of this have you discussed with your oncologist and breast surgeon who did the mastectomy? Surely you can't be the first who has had complications from a mastectomy. Perhaps they can refer you to a plastic surgeon or a surgeon who does difficult breast reconstruction who might look at your mastectomy scar and offer some advice.
Thank you so much for all the really helpful replies yes I had chemo and radiotherapy and all went well, I have seen my oncologist several times, he arranged an ultra sound and the results showed that was a fibrous mass and the wound had knitted back too tightly but there was nothing else that could be done. He thought I was an unusual case but offered no other advice, oh he did suggest that I go to a pain clinic and learn how to manage the pain. I am terrified of having reconstruction and would never opt for any operation again even if my life depended on it. I had a good night and slept until 4.30 so I thank god for that much. I just wish I could get the motivation to get dressed and go out for a walk but my head is afraid of my body and something going wrong again. Any suggestions ?
angel04 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote