View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreeldaughter View Post
As I have given up on drying her out i need to know what she is in for with combining these 2 medications.
That depends on her tolerance to these medications, and how much of each she takes.

When addicts dry out or go through rehab, their tolerance is lowered. If they go back to the dosages they used to before they dried out, their systems are no longer tolerant, and they can OD (this is likely what you witnessed) and/or die from accidental OD.

If another medication (tranquilizer, muscle relaxer, others), or alcohol, is added to the mix, the combination can be lethal at much lower dosages/levels.

That the doctor will not speak to you does not mean that you cannot speak to him. Your mother can also sign a HIPAA release allowing her doctor(s) to talk to you about her conditions, care, & treatment.

Since you've been through this with your mother before, is it possible that you do know what to expect, and are seeking the courage and support to do it?

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 05-21-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-23-2012)