View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 10:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Going to snap!!!

Major ventfest, sorry in advance.

I've had RSD since January of this year, and I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through even a day without losing my mind, more or less a life time of this!

As some of you know, my RSD started in my foot following a 'minor' foot surgery. It has since spread up my leg to my knee.

I had some success with SNB in the beginning, but they are not longer helping me. I've switched Dr's, but I dont see this one helping me anymore than my past Dr.

I do not think I can face a life time of this, it just doesnt seem possible! I try to 'take a day at a time' but that just isnt working.

I've looked into several treatments for RSD, but they either come with some major warnings, cost WAY too much, or do not have the medical support I need to be willing to start on my own. So what should I do - Rob a bank? Risk the RSD spreading? Which is the better option?

So what now? How am I supposed to live like this forever?

I just found out that because of a choice I made seven years ago to stay home with my children until they start school, I do not have enough work credits to qualify for disability. And my husband makes 'too much' for me to qualify for any other assistance. We're going to lose our home very very soon, yet we make too much? Isnt that nice!!!

Soon I'm going to be homeless, disabled, and in more pain than I ever thought was possible with no known treatment or help. How exactly am I supposed to cope with this? I have more panic attacks a day than I can count, and I spend my sleepless nights crying from not only pain but horrible depression.

How am I supposed to take my situation and try to take it a day at a time? Or learn to cope? Exactly how much is expected from me??? I'm pretty much to the point where I'm done - and I dont know exactly what that means, but for whatever it does, I'm pretty flippin much there! How is any of this even worth it?

Again, sorry - but I needed to get these words out of me or I was going to explode.
Neko1221 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote