View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Your days and your brain sound like my days and my brain!

I mentioned to my neuro at my last appointment that it was no wonder that people with MS have such severe fatigue / exhaustion. We need to think of EVERYTHING, in D.E.T.A.I.L., all of the time, to keep from falling / killing ourselves / burning the dinner / [insert current task potential disaster].

I've explained to DH that I try not to schedule more than one "project" per day, such as grocery shopping, doctor's appointment, phone calls, paying bills, etc. More than one of the above will make me into a blathering, exhausted idiot by the end of the day. And that's no fun for DH to come home to!

I make a lot of lists on an excel sheet that I check at least 1 million times per day. I have a calendar gadget always visible on my laptop desktop that has things as simple as what I'm making for dinner, and reminders that today is (supposed to be) grocery shopping day. BTW, menu planning 1 week at a time is a tremendous energy saver. I don't need to think about what to make for dinner late in the afternoon when my brain is mush if I've already "scheduled" it.

I feel your pain. You will find more and more tips & tricks & coping mechanisms as you go.

Good luck, and be well.
"Thanks for this!" says:
nemsmom (05-21-2012), SallyC (05-21-2012)