View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 02:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dear Mark

I am at a loss for words at how such a joyous occasion as your becoming a g-pa was taken from you. Your DIL does need our prayers but as one who has come from the counseling profession, your DIL is still responsible for her behavior and attitude.

Your poor wife, to have endured what she did after you left...the grace of our beloved Lord must have been with her during that ordeal. I do not want to pry, and it is none of my business, so I shall say no more.

My best friend is in a similar situation. She looks forward to the day when she will be able to finally establish a much-desired-for relationship with her grandchildren... when they are older and no longer easily swayed by their mother' negative and critical demeanor. She refuses to give up and continues to talk to them on the phone, send them gifts, etc. and if their mother gets upset she doesn't let it bother her. These are HER grandchildren, and she is biding her time until she can have the relationship she desires. She finds it very difficult to endure this, but the Lord gives her the strength.

I pray that you and your beloved wife will have the Lord's strength to endure your "troubled" DIL
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-21-2012), ger715 (05-23-2012), ginnie (05-21-2012), Mark56 (05-21-2012), Rrae (05-21-2012)