View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
I was dxd with exercise induced asthma when I was 35...I used to break out in hives and then had asthma attacks when I got overheated, even when swimming. I didn't get dxd with MS until I was 53.

DD27 also has exercise induced asthma. Yesterday she ran a half marathon in Green Bay. The temps got into the 90s. She took her inhaler & used it before the race. By the time she got to mile 10 she really started to struggle. She did finish, and they rushed her to the med tent and put ice on her neck, head and pulse points.

They stopped the race about 15 min. after she finished; they'd run out of ambulances

Anyway, have any of you heard of this possibly being one of those quirky early signs of MS (the heat intolerance is the concern I have)...

I was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma as a kid.

I know of someone who must have been in that same half marathon. She got just past mile ten when they canceled. She is new to running and trying to lose weight. She was pacing herself and felt good, like she could finish. But they stopped it. She's kind of bummed she had to stop but glad they were looking out for everyone.
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-22-2012)