View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Questioning a new diagnosis

Hello everyone, I am newly diagnosed and new to this group. A little over a month ago I started seeing spots and having extreme light sensitivity so went to my general doctor who gave me a CT scan (negative.) She sent me to my eye doctor who told me I had an extremely swollen ocular nerve and all the signs of MS. He also sent me to the ER. The ER sent me to a neurologist who saw me the next day and almost immediately said I had pseudotumor but she wanted to do tests. I had an MRI - found a lesion but apparently not enough. In the mean time, I had increasingly become stiff, nothing I really thought was a medical issue until I started reading up on MS and realising that could be a symptom. My symptoms have progressively gotten worse and I feel like i have full blown rheumatoid arthritis. I had a failed spinal tap and then a successful one. My CSF was elevated, my ESR, C reactive Protein were both elevated. One a sign of pseudotumor, the other two a sign of the rheumatoid arthritis. My doctor says they are not connected but I am having a hard time believing that because they came on at the same time. Additionally, after reading so many posts here from other pseudotumor sufferers, I don't have any of the symptoms like the most common headaches ( I mean not ONE headache despite the increased CSF! and papilledema). I am now being treated with Acetazolamide for the pt and Naproxyn for the RA until I can get in with a Rheumatologist, then will have another spinal tap in June to see if my pressure is lowering. I honestly feel like I'm SO in the dark and confused. If I was told MS or Lyme Disease, that would have made sense with my symptoms, this does not.

DOes anyone have any similar symptoms or advice? I'm a newbie to something like this and just not sure what to expect. Thank you all!
Boilermg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote