View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 07:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

<Are you taking those medicines and early on in your pd ?>

Paula, I've had that sizzle feeling for many years, maybe 40. Was diagnosed as narcoleptic and Rx'd benzedrene for 2 years a long time ago. Could only take one a day although prescribed 3 x. Stopped when my gums started bleeding and I got so thin that my bones stuck out...bennies killed any thoughts of eating and food.

Don't know how long I've had PD symptoms. May have began in 2007 when standing from sitting became difficult. Blamed it on fact that I fell on my knees 3x in 5 years and figured it was arthritis. Didn't go to neuro until I began losing my balance and writing small. Dr. Google said it could be lack of blood to brain.

Had carotids checked. Right carotid was 90% clogged so I had surgery. For 5 days after surgery my PD symptoms were almost gone and I thought I had won; then symptoms came back with a vengeance, this time with added nerve damage from surgery.

Tried many meds. Only one that helped is Amantadine, which is losing effectiveness.

Had hair analysis and am loaded with copper in tissues which can cause PD symptoms. Blood heavy metals test coming next week.

Had spinal tap last week to find out "idiopathic" part of "Idiopathic PD" and whether Lyme was gone.

After that, I don't know where to look.

Diet is pretty good but I may go for GAPS anyway.

Lynn

shetawk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote