View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 12:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukman View Post
Hi everyone

Approx 3 years ago I apparently slipped L5 disc the pain was acute but gradually it went away with physio chriopractice treatments. Every now and then I still get the bad pain but it does not last too long.

However, ever since the slipped disc I suffered impairment of erectile function. I never mentioned this to the doctor as I was embarrased. The situation is not total, just impaired and I have had to work around the problem with some success. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with sciatica in left leg with knee jerk weakness on testing. The leg is painful to walk on.

I cannot help but think this is related to the previous disc injury. The pain is more down the leg than central pain in the spine. No other symptoms, bladder, bowel okay .

Is this typical in a spine related problem like disc injury, I am 48 years old

I am really concernd that this may progress to some form of debility. I dangerously read on the Internet about Caudia Equina but the only red flag I have is 3 years of erectile dysfunction but even here some articles do not mention erectile function as a red flag, only bowel, bladder and saddle numbness as red flags.

Please if you can comment I would be thankful

UK Man
You have numbness from lumbar discs areas and don`t feel it , that is why you have problem with you erectile and should have gotten surgery long time ago , if not treated your nerve will get damaged by constant pinching of the nerves to your erection . Look up CES cauda equina syndrome .You don`t have to lose bladder , as you might not feel the urge to empty or urinat and bladder get full without you net feeling it , red flag is for men erectile disfunction and surgery right away .And if nerve damaga is is really debilitating , I have the lumbar and mid back and neck spinal nerve pains and discs pains and weakness to neck by constant pinching and all is just not caring about it . So seek medical help and talk to neuro surgeon and tell him about yoyr erectile disfinction and for how long , bed rest a lot , so discs can get away from the nerves and give them a breather , as when standing get compressed and nerves get strangulated , and you do not fell the numbness comming as it is slow and don`t have to tingle or something .Be persistent as most don`t listen , make you self understud . Good luck
kimberly21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote