View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 01:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Additional Information

Thank you all so much for the responses. I am going to attempt to answer all the questions.

Because i have been through this with my mom she will NOT sign a HIPPA waiver because she does not want me talking to her doctors. When she went into Rehab it was not willingly. Unfortunately i had to have her baker acted because she literally went mad. She ran around the house and yanked all the faucets off the sinks for fear the Aliens were going to come through the plumbing.

She does (at times) drives in this state without my knowledge. I do all her grocery shoppibg, bill paying, run her errands and take her to all her doctors appointments. However, i will go to her house to check on her and she will be on yhe couch reading a magzine she picked up from a store i didnt take her to.

My mom tends to play what I call, "Physcian Roulette". One doctor doesnt know about the other doctor. So, her RA doctor will give her an infusion and a script for oxycodone then she will go to her PM (Pain Management) doctor (who has no idea what the other doctors are giving her) and get a sctipt for Morphene. The the following week she'll go to her Psychiatrist and get her Gabapentin and he doesnt know about the other 2 doctors.

I have attempted to talk with her psychiatrist and he wouldnt take my call. Her GP will talk with me (or rather listen) and as a result no longer perscribes her pain meds. I have not attempted to speak with her PM doctor and im thinking that would be the right step to take. I just think he deserves to know the WHOLE truth. I just know when i make that call my mother is going to lash out at me and then there will be no one left to care for her. If I talk to her PM is he required to tell her that i spoke to him? Or would he just manage her case accordingly?
unreeldaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-23-2012)