Thread: My Way Out
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 11:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Thanks

Paula

Of course I already knew about this news, but it is obvious that you are highly respected and loved ,by the followers of this forum (note that nearly 300 have read your post and within 30 minutes of its posting you have nearly a dozen replies.)

But remember to never, be er give up hope, even with something as knowingly "terminal" as cancer. I can imagine the first patients who were diagnosed with polio and thinking that it was all over. Yet, we wiped out that disease with Salk's discovery of a vaccine. In the 1950's, I remember standing in line with the masses of children to receive my first anti-polio vaccine, which by the way was administered orally on a lump of sugar, and it was pink! Today, polio has ivirtually been eradicated from the list of serious childhood illnesses. But those who were not fortunate enough to get this help in time had a milder case. But thos.e same children (baby boomers) that contracted polio are suffering now from post polio syndrome.

What I am saying is that wherever you go in the afterlife, you can watch your efforts being replayed, and it will be apparent that you gave it your best shot in attempts to harness Parkinson's like Salk did polio. You were definitely one
Who "went down with the ship."

Who knows? Maybe some of the research efforts will come to fruition before we all have to call it quits. We love you, girl! Remember what Joan Snyder would say, who suffered a stroke during her second pallidotomy, "No way to it but through it," a borrowed quote from the old TV series, "Northern Exposure."

My thoughts and prayers go with you.
Peggy
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jaye (06-19-2012), paula_w (05-22-2012)