Thread: Spread
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 04:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Allen
Have you had SGB's in your upper body?
If your RSD is new to the shoulder area having blocks right away might help diminsh it's severity to this new region or if you are lucky help knock it out all together .
That's what I did with my feet and they are not as bad as my upper body ( knock wood knock wood!!!!)
Someone on the old forums suggested I do that right away and I am glad I did .
The other thing about life is exactly the way to go.
I do not live in the past nor the future .If you do, you miss out on all the precious collection of moments that make up this thing called life.
Your circumstance may have changed but along with that so do your options - you do not have to attach a sentiment to it -it just is..better to take the U turn with your life than to always fight it ...easier on the mind body and soul.
Let me give you an example .
Some girl thinks that if she loses 10 pounds her life will be so much better so all the time she is trying to lose weight she sits at home not going anywhere thinking she doesn't look good enough.- all that time life is passing her by.
Well life is happening NOW not at some abstract time in the future(or past) when we think think things will be different or better or _____ (fill in the blank) so we got to make the most of things.
As this is the only journey we get on this earth in this vessel we can choose to enjoy it or not.That decision is ours.
And that decision comes independent of our medical circumstance.
Do what you have to do ...have a mourning ceremony whatever of how you used to live and then be thankful for what you have and explore all you can do and work with that .
People only use what 10 % of their brains - you will be surprised at what you are capable of- and this is coming from an ex professional athlete!

Sorry for the small hijack - I am preparing to start motivational speaking on coping with illness.
I get a little super excitable .
I feel very strongly about it.

Much peace
GnP
Goodn'Plenty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote