Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default thinking of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladona2 View Post

I am currently a candidate for a pipeline stent. I was diagnosed with my brain aneurysm in Jan 2012. I was sent to a hospital in St Louis, Mo. to have the procedure.

It was not successful because the surgeon said he tried twice & there was blood flow problems. That procedure was done with access through my groin.

I am being sent back later this month to get the procedure done with access through the artery in my arm; which the surgeon claims is more appropriate for my aneurysm.
My aneurysm is a 0.7 basilar with a bulge on both sides and a wide opening that leads to my cartoid artery. I am 68 yrs old and have had alot of anxiety regarding this procedure.
Does anyone out there have a similiar situation? I am scheduled for surgery on May 24th. Also I checked and the Pipeline stent was developed in Menlo Park, Ca. My partner disputes this & says it was developed in New York; can anyone clarify this.
My surgeon claims that he has done over 100 of these procedures & teaches all over the U.S. I weas very disappointed when I awoke after the first two procedures and was told it was too risky.
just wanted to say
may your angels
see over you all
the way through