Thread: Spinal Fusion??
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Suz

I cannot tell you no, not to do this. Each case is different. What is important is that you go for quite a few different doctors, including a neuro surgeon. What you MRI says, usually is the deciding factor. It helps if you research all the words in your MRI. I had a failed fist surgery at C6-7. I had the domino effect, but was not told at the time of my first fusion that more was wrong with my neck. NOT informed. so I had a second C3-7. Surgery can and does work. It is not a blanket yes or no. It is based on the severity of your condition. I am much better, with no shooting pain down the arms. I am not perfect, the surgery WAS horrible pain wise, but I am glad I did it. So many things factor into your decision. That education is the best thing to arm yourself with. If your MRI says "mild" "moderate" perhaps this surgery isn't the best idea. However if it says the words "serious" or "accute" or "severe" then you are getting to the point you need further investigation to see if surgery is a right course of action. Be your own best advocate and ask all the questions you possiblly can. Find out the condition of the verterbre above and below the proposed surgical site. Those vertrebre need to be healthy and strong to support the hardware. Let me know if you have some questions, I will try and help you. surgery can and is something to think about, and good outcomes can happen. It did for me. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote