View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I watched it and was very disappointed.* Once again, Paula Abdul made us RSD sufferers look bad.* She described how she got rsd after several accidents.* She was almost afraid to even say rsd, she kept saying nerve pain.* She was pretty avoidant about her past with pain and sleeping meds.* With rsd, she was still flying around the world performing and dancing.* Sounds kind of fishy, or maybe she had an extremely mild case.* Paula described what her pain felt like and honestly it sounded more like regular nerve pain, not rsd....but who knows.* A manor red flag for me was that she said ice is her friend and she used to even sleep with it on!!!!!!* We all know ice causes damage and is also completely intolerable for someone with rsd.....not soothing!!* Dr Oz had a display that lit up showing nerve responses and it was pretty misleading in that pain from your arm from example, would cause pain throughout your entire body.* He way he explained it made it sound like its more like fibromyalgia.* She said food was the key to her remission.* She took omega 3, b12, avoided alcohol and nicotine....and ate plant based foods when her nerve pain was bad.* She mentioned stress from being around Simon Cowell on American Idol and X Factor.* Paula taled about her rsd like it was in her pasf, but never said she was in remission, so i dont know her status.* She said "You can undo damage by really taking care of yourself."....speaking of vitamins and diet.* She mentioned she goes in rsd chat rooms and forums.* Paula never mentioned the struggles of other rsd patients and the horrible treatments that we undergo to tame this beast.* It sounded like its nothing you cant fix with a few vitamins and some lettuce!!!!* It just made rsd look very minor and that its not life changing.* I commend her for speaking out, as she has always been ashamed of having rsd....but i think today she did more harm than good as far as rsd awareness goes.* It portrayed it completely falsely!!! So disappointing!!!
firegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
debbiehub (05-23-2012), edever34 (05-23-2012), ginnie (06-03-2012)