View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 11:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My main doc is a neurologist. I was referred there from my orthopedic doctor in the beginning. In the US, many neurologists use botox for various muscle spasm issues.

I also use Hellerwork, and have had some real success loosening muscles that way. Other similar techniques are alexander and feldenkrais.

Chiropractic is another good avenue. I just recently found one who can do the first rib adjustment, she's a keeper.

Hellerwork and chiropractic you don't really need anyone to refer you for. That is how I started doing them...just decided one day that I needed some help getting to a point where I could sit up straight so I started going. Chiropractic is covered on my healthcare, but the hellerwork is completely out of pocket. Of course, it is really worth it, that's why I keep at it.

I only take pain meds myself, I think others have success with muscle relaxers. TOS generally results in muscle spasms, so that makes sense.

It may take several visits to various doctors before you find one who understands what is wrong with you, but I would encourage you to continue trying and bring you research from here to them, see if you can at least find one who is open to learning how to help you.

Good luck
Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote