View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 11:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Need to vent... I'm going crazy literally

Hi all,

I don't post much for several reasons. First, I don't like to dwell... Second, I can't add any new and useful information, can't think of anything that wasn't discussed already here... But now I'm in the situation when I really need some help or support or explanation or all of the above

Well, it's been almost 3 months since my 6th concussion. I am completely symptoms free, at least I don't feel that anything is wrong with me physically... BUT mentally I am a mess I think that my mind is just not working the way it's supposed to. I have really strange thoughts I can't get rid of

Like 3 days ago we were having a family picnic in our backyard. Well, we left our food unattended for about 15-20 minutes, and then I saw a squirrel checking out our food. It got scared and ran away, but now I'm completely covinced that it tried the cheese on the table, and then I ate the cheese (I didn't think anything of these while eating the cheese, all thoughts came after).

Well, after I ate the cheese I was pretty sure that the squirrel ate it too. And then it has begun. Thoughts in my mind - the squirrel can be rabies infected, so I am going to get it too... And I can't get rid of that thought... I am preparing myself mentally to die... it's driving me crazy and I can't help it. I convinced myself that I'm getting this deadly disease soon.

I found a lot of information about rabies and squirrel. They almost never get rabies. Hospitals won't give you an anti-rabies treatment even if a squirrel bites you because there is no risk... blah0blah-blah.. Not convincing at all (it should be I know, but it is not)

Question - what do I do? Am I crazy? I already thinking of arrangements for my kids when I'm gone...
Marina22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote