View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi J,

I wouldn't say that you DON'T have pain when questioning if it this indeed RSD. You did say you have discomfort with this. That's just pain that is more mild. Could you have a high pain tolerance ?

I've done 'science experiments' on my son. Many years ago, he stepped on a toothpick and got a cut on his foot. He pulled out the toothpick, put a bandaid on it, and told me about it later. I looked at it, couldn't see any splinters, added neosporin, and called it a day. Few days later, it was swollen but the cut was healed. Basically.....4 months later after 4 courses of antibx including 1 for MRSA, multiple daily footsoaks, periods of 4x day squeezing the pus out.......One day I am pressing on it to express the drainage and 3/4 of a toothpick came flying out. I would think that would HURT. He said, "Meh, sometimes it bothered me a little." Same kid also broke his wrist as a child and never complained, until I noticed redness and swelling several days later. My 'science experiments' have been playing with my TENS on him. The settings where I feel a tickle and where I feel effective zaps, he can't feel at all. Settings that I find intolerable, he just starts to feel a tickle. That's a HIGH pain tolerance, if you ask me !

Good luck with finding answers !

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote