View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
What did you notice? Improvement, status quo, or decline....or anything else? I know it would be subjective. I know you may have been taking the placebo. Still, we would love to hear your personal, subjective thoughts on how you felt while taking whatever it was you got, sugar pill or the actual drug. Thanks!
Bearing in mind that I may have been on the placebo, I actually felt that I was on the real thing (my non working little toe tingled and felt hot the week I started, and my left arm actually swung when I walked).
In myself I felt good on it, with the only side effect the laxative effect of the coconut oil suspension you have to drink.
My tremor continued but would lessen 3 or 4 hours after taking it, only to return the following morning. Over the 6 months the tremor probably got marginally worse.
I continued working throughout, so in that respect it was 'business as usual'

My score on the 'quality of life' questionnaire, and 'IQ' style tests remained the same at the end of the 6 months, as in the beginning.

It's difficult to know where I would have been if I hadn't taken it. I'm coming up for 2 years from dx, and stll take no meds (apart from the Cogane 6 month trial). If I had a choice I would have continued with it, since at least there were no side effects as existing meds seem to provoke.
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeanb (05-23-2012), lurkingforacure (05-23-2012)