View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 10:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schavarria View Post
Unfocused eyes, heavy legs and arms, difficulty sitting up/holding head up, extreme tiredness and fatigue. This compared to pre-Imuran when I would have mild arm/leg weakness, no ocular problems, minimal fatigue/tiredness and difficulty sitting up and holding my head up would come later in the workday if at all.
Well, I don't know. It's true that too much Mestinon can make you weak, so I don't know for sure that those symptoms aren't from too much Mestinon. But in my experience, the first sign of too much Mestinon is muscle twitches (little painless twitches in different parts of your body). That makes perfect sense to me: if it's the acetylcholine that tells the muscles to contract, then if you have more of it than you need, your muscles will contract--twitch--when you don't want them to. This is just my guess.

I think that your idea that you're taking too much in the morning is a reasonable conjecture. After all, you may be naturally stronger in the morning--that's typical of MG--so you may need less.

I've been on Imuran for over a year and haven't improved--or maybe I've improved a little. I suspect it's stopping me from getting worse, but I don't think most neuros expect to see results from Imuran for at least three months.

How long have you been taking the Prednisone? Some people find that Prednisone makes them weaker, especially in the beginning. But I don't know why it would make you weaker in the morning, but not later in the day.

Journal, journal, journal! You'll be surprised which connections are clear looking back, but that you didn't notice at the time.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote