View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your thoughts! I've been on mestinon for a year and prednisone for 10 months, so those are the more constant meds, which led me to wonder about the Imuran I just started. Balancing meds is difficult enough; balancing meds and a disease that changes sometimes hourly is next to impossible

I agree that keeping a journal is very important; have done it for the 3 years since this all started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Well, I don't know. It's true that too much Mestinon can make you weak, so I don't know for sure that those symptoms aren't from too much Mestinon. But in my experience, the first sign of too much Mestinon is muscle twitches (little painless twitches in different parts of your body). That makes perfect sense to me: if it's the acetylcholine that tells the muscles to contract, then if you have more of it than you need, your muscles will contract--twitch--when you don't want them to. This is just my guess.

I think that your idea that you're taking too much in the morning is a reasonable conjecture. After all, you may be naturally stronger in the morning--that's typical of MG--so you may need less.

I've been on Imuran for over a year and haven't improved--or maybe I've improved a little. I suspect it's stopping me from getting worse, but I don't think most neuros expect to see results from Imuran for at least three months.

How long have you been taking the Prednisone? Some people find that Prednisone makes them weaker, especially in the beginning. But I don't know why it would make you weaker in the morning, but not later in the day.

Journal, journal, journal! You'll be surprised which connections are clear looking back, but that you didn't notice at the time.

Abby
schavarria is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote