View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's so hard to figure out, isn't it? I can never see the forest for the trees. I mean that you can't tell if a new symptom is just a passing phase, or if it's a sign of things getting worse--or if a good spell is just a fluke or a sign of things getting better. I used to have trouble with the muscles in my sides, but that's been way better for a long time now--close to a year. If I say, "I think I'm starting to get better," I remember how last week I collapsed, etc. But then I think, yes, but that was just one day, and not a whole week of weakness, like I would have had months ago.

I have been on Imuran for over a year, but I was on a dose that was much too low for a long time. My doctor bumped up my dose again a few months ago, and I really do think I see an improvement. I am going to see if we can increase it still further.

I have not had any breathing or vision troubles, so I elected to give the Imuran a really long trial, since it doesn't give me bad side-effects. I've been avoiding Prednisone, choosing instead the risk of not getting better at all, or not for a long time. My doctor has been encouraging me to give the Imuran a chance, even though it's taking so long, because he's had such success with other patients on it. I've been less optimistic, because I don't think I have ever heard of anyone here going into remission on Imuran alone, but I'm willing to keep trying.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
schavarria (05-23-2012)