View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 01:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Sharon,

I think diet and nutrition is an integral part of helping a brain to heal from trauma.

I was in a car accident that gave me a complicated concussion almost two years ago and I'm still suffering from lots of cognitive impairments. I'm unable to drive on the freeway or for more than a few miles at a time and only when I'm doing my best.

I understand that moral importance of being a vegetarian and/or vegan. (I've been a vegetarian on and off for many years in my life.) But please know that a recovering brain needs a good deal of protein in order to heal and a particular supplement called BCAA's. As well as all the other vitamins and minerals, especially the B's and Omega Oil. Please make sure your husband is taking all of these so his brain gets what it needs to heal as quickly and as well as possible.

I know there are other vegetarians on the board. But I'm personally glad that I'm currently not one while I recover, since it would just add stress to my life and recovering brains need to avoid as much stress as possible. (Even "good and wanted" stress is stress to a healing brain - it's like something more to think about, when it's already hard enough to think at all!) So, it might be easier for your husband to become a vegan later in his life, when his brain is managing life better.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sharonj (05-26-2012), Theta Z (10-18-2012)