View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 05:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool

I'm so sensitive to sound that I have 2 sets of custom molded ear plugs that I had made through an audiologist. I cannot live without them. One set is for when I am outside (I only leave my house to go to medical appointments) -- they block out 47 dB of sound. They block out so much sound that I cannot hear a person speaking to me. The other pair are called "musician's ear plugs" and are made for professionals musicians. The musicians plugs have filters. They can be fully plugged, in addition to a filter that blocks out 25 dB, a filter that blocks out 16 dB of sound, and a filter that blocks out 9 dB of sound. I never use the 9 dB filter, I only use the 16 dB filter on the rare occasions I have to speak on the phone, even though the volume is on the lowest setting. The 25 dB filter I use for in very quiet places for conversations, but I still ask people to speak softly/ almost whisper. I use the blocked musicians ear plugs for typical conversations; for example, when I am talking to a Dr in an exam room. I am also incredibly sensitive to light.
Jenknits is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote