View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ice?

I too was ice?
I am very temperture sensitive. Even have to be careful this time of the year getting into swimming pools! No shocks. Just ease in

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
Just watched this. It was okay...always good to have some awareness about RSD. Only issue I had was that the best advice Paula could give was to USE ICE...my jaw dropped and I think I just stared at the tv for a minute in shock. If she had not said that it all would have been fine. Obviously her pain affects her in some ways differently from mine since I rarely have the shooting pains like she was talking about (though the burning pain definitely rang a bell). I wish they had taken some time to talk about how this affects everyone differently and what some of the symptoms are besides the pain. Oh well...definitely some good stuff in there too.

I was happy to hear her suggest reaching out to others online (though I wish the advice she used to demonstrate its helpfulness was something other than "ice is your friend"). Dr. Oz had some great advice about ways to reduce inflammation and to avoid stress. I think that for a show like this it was a pretty good little segment and hopefully it will inspire some people to go online and look it up and to become educated about it.
ninamapr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote